I doubt he’d thank me for this little adventure of mine
If Walter Mitty could hear this audio experiment of mine, he’d be aghast. Good thing for him he’s a fictional character and therefore, not able to hear it. I’ve put it out there, more than once, my attempts to describe what it’s like to have adult ADHD. I haven’t done this for the desire to find validation or a need for acceptance, not even because I like to beat a dead horse. Which I don’t, by the way. Beat dead horses. Or alive ones either.
My reasons for possibly making an ass of myself are…
I thought about this last night for quite awhile, after a good friend of mine had remarked on that possibility. Though they were telling me that I didn’t appear to be any of those things, that got me to wondering if there weren’t some people who had come to this conclusion. In case this is the situation, for those of you who read my blog, (Hi Mom!) let me set the record straight.
- I didn’t do this for acceptance, I don’t need it. I mean really, I hardly know you! You could at the least buy me dinner before I…before I-heh-forget that part, I hardly know you.
- I wasn’t seeking validation. I know what I have, I’m just ticked that I can’t let you borrow it for awhile.
- I don’t suffer from some whacked out notion that being different, being ‘out there’, being what is essentially me, will attract the masses. Remember me? I’m the chick who doesn’t do well in crowds, I skip whilst holding scissors (point out cuz I’m mean like that) and…it’s just not like that.
- All I want to do, is to show those of you who are either profoundly bored, needing a way to cure insomnia, or just curious about having ADHD on the adult end of things, and want to know what it’s like, to be this way, and how it affects every facet of your life. And trust me, it does.
No subliminal messages, just procrastination
So without going further off track than I already have, I present my experiment. I did not put any subliminal suggestions in this audio (you like me…yes you do…) nor did I ever suffer from the idea that I was suddenly going to achieve fame and fortune by doing this (you love reading my blog) and am actually a bit nervous to post it, not because of anything other than the very real possibility of being the butt of many a joke to come. But it’s a good day for a laugh, right? (you think I’m talented and should even tell your friends about my blog)
Click the link below to hear my… erm….er…experiment.
(because you like me)
I Have ADHD <- Click this
- You’re Unique…Just Like Everyone Else (livenowandzen.com)