Dear Mom, About The Stuff I Should’ve Told You

Plinky Prompts

Dear Mom,

Do you remember the time I found that dead garter snake in the creek and brought it home? So, about that. Okay. Full confession. I waited patiently for what felt like hours that hot summer day, just so I could coil it carefully (more lifelike) in the middle of the old camp chair of yours. The one with the plastic caning that belled downward from age? Yeah. I waited and plotted and barely hid my chuckles of anticipation for when you came back outside with your sun tea and I hoped, would be momentarily blind from the sun, so you wouldn’t see the snake until you sat on it. You did see it before you sat, but just barely. Remember that? I’m real sorry.

And the time(s) I snuck into the bathroom while you were taking a hot shower and perched precariously on the toilet lid to pour an entire economy sized pitcher overflowing with ice cubes and water, over the top of the shower rod and down onto your poor unsuspecting head and body before I ran like hell? Well…I tried to run like hell but being bent over double from laughing did hinder my athleticism. Right. How could you forget? Back to the point, I’m really sorry about that too. Really, really sorry. Please forgive me.

Mom, please forgive your eldest daughter, I beg you. Because the curse you placed on me worked. Because I have a child just like I used to be and even worse, he’s a boy. A boy who is terrorizing me to the point of jumping at shadows, having to forgo taking showers because our bathroom door doesn’t lock at the moment and he has loud gas, an arsenal of  Nerf guns at the ready, and I smell ripe and we all could use a little more sleep…did I mention he’s a boy? I’m sorry! Just make it stop!

Signed,

Your loving and ever remorseful daughter

About these ads

10 comments on “Dear Mom, About The Stuff I Should’ve Told You

1. Ranting Crow says:

Ooh how to have a child of your own. What we have put mum through all those years. God bless.
    Fun to read. And still so true. Thank you.

• CeeLee says:

I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
      And most definitely true lol

I did some really inspiring things to Mom
      over the years, still am actually. Some of which I’m kind of proud of ;)
      That’s why she’s chuckling and I’m whining.

You know what they say…paybacks are always delivered with interest.
      (Not really, but you get the point) And my Duck is exactly like me.
      With interest. LOL

Thank you for dropping by! :)

2. Forrest says:

Having no children of my own makes me wonder if maybe I was a good child and not cursed by my mother. Unfortunately I have been given another curse and I think it may be much worse, but I digress. I do have a niece from my sister and I hear her cries of being cursed by dear ole mom.
    I could say that I bet you have already given your duck the curse of having a child just like him some day and some day he may even be writing an apology letter to you. :)

• CeeLee says:

Hey Forrest! :)

Yes, you called that one right.
      Curse him I have, though he laughs at the thought now.

He thinks that The Curse of Duck is fitting,
      as he’s devouring the GooseBumps books by R. L. Stine at a fantastic rate.
      (That’s my boy:)

Little does he know that he won’t be laughing long hehe
      But I will be! ;) I hope LOL

3. Don’t fret when he hits puberty it gets easier, Andy

• CeeLee says:

I sure hope it’ll get easier Andy ;)
      I figure if I can get through his puberty and remain sane,
      I can succeed at almost anything LOL

That’s something I try not to think about too much.
      I find it’s not conducive to sleep~
      but as an aid for when staying awake is a requirement, it rocks!

4. Car says:

Please accept my heart-felt nomination of your blog for the Liebster Award. If you don’t accept awards, please pass on to a fellow blogger who does.
    Carlene

• CeeLee says:

Hey there Car
      Welcome to the Adult Pool :)

Wow, thank you!
      I’d be honored to accept the Liebster Award!
      But only on 1 condition.
      That you accept my sincerest apologies for not seeing this
      nomination until now. It’s been a crazy month.
      How does that sound? :)

5. Car says:

An award is only good if you can enjoy it. So enjoy it now! I’m happy you saw the nomination and no apologies necessary. Hope the crazy slows down for you. Love your blog!

• CeeLee says:

In that case, thank you Car. :)

I’ll definitely enjoy having the badge to display,
      but enjoy knowing that you liked my blog
      enough to nominate me for it in the first place even more.

If that makes sense~heh~llongg day :)

And as for the crazy, LOL, here’s to hoping it goes on hiatus.
      Like NOW. ;)Thank you again. By the way, I like your blog too.
      And that was before I found out about the nomination.

I love comments as much as a duck loves a June bug

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s